Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

I am doing some prep for this Sunday and have just realised that this coming Sunday is the last in this cycle. We are moving to cycle B with the start of Advent so my understanding is that the themes this year are (and correct me if I am wrong):
27 November: Be prepared for when Jesus comes.
4 December: Get ready for the Lord our Shepherd
11 December: Jesus is the Light of the world
18 December: Mary expects Jesus, the Light of the world.

Not that different I know. Cafod is setting out a theme  of "hope" this year.

It could be an idea to use the following to add to the advent wreath each week:

 Advent 1:  hand of God who is at work in the world
Advent 2:  alpha-omega ornaments or a shepherd crook cross
      Advent 4:  Rose for Mary ornament
Advent 3:  stars for joy – maybe, but probably need to save for epiphany
From: http://worshipingwithchildren.blogspot.com/2011/07/planning-for-advent-and-christmas.html
Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment